Monday, July 17, 2017

Here We Go

        College.  The place where young minds grow and prosper.  Where boys become men and girls become women.  College is a place for growth. I time for adventure and to find yourself.  College is also to set up your life for the dream job.  A career that will set you up to be successful in the years to come.  Well, that is what you are to believe anyway.  In truth, most students go to college to study for years, accumulate debt, and perform in a job that will most likely be irrelevant to the field of study.  What is worse, that student will then go on for most, if not all, of their life paying off that schooling. 
         The thing is, this day of age you must go to college to even have a chance at a great life.  Even the typical bachelors degree might not be enough anymore.  A student that wants to make major money must get a higher education, and order to do that you need money.  A lot of money.  And it's not the poor that are getting hit either.  No, the people that are getting hit the hardest are the middle class.  Or what is left of the middle class.  
         This information bothers me to know end.  It bothers me because I am part of that group.  As of right now I owe over $65,ooo.  I am not done with my master program and it has been impossible to get into any type of job in my field of study.  If I can obtain a steady job and a nice income I can pay off all this debt by 5 years.  But of course that isn't talking about the interest that is set on the loan.  Most likely I will be paying this loan off for the rest of my life.  
         My blog will go into details of student loans and the effects it will have on people.  How the middle class is fading due to student loans.  An economic bubble is emerging due to students not being able to pay.  Then the depression sets in.  I will go into depth on each subject.  
         If anybody has dealt with student loans feel free to share your story.  It is time to gain more awareness for student loans.  Before it is to late.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment